According to the Cellular Telephone and Internet Association otherwise known as the CITA, there are more than 100 companies providing different forms of phone services all over the
These include land based telephones, wireless communication and broadband Internet. The top 5 firms are Cingular Wireless, T-Mobile USA, Sprint Nextel Corporation, Verizon Wireless, and Alltel.
The competition is so fierce that some offer free calls after 9PM daily while others offer affordable rates by the minute or by the second. But there are other things that the customer has to pay for in order to become a subscriber.
In order to know which plan is best, it will be a good idea to do some research.
1. People need to budget the monthly expenses. The individual can do this by reviewing the phone bill over the last 3 months. This will tell the time and frequency of most calls made and the location.
2. In the middle or lower part of the bill, the customer might notice there is something called miscellaneous charges. This could be taxes or something else so it will really help to ask someone from the phone company for clarifications.
3. There are many service providers in the area where one may reside in. Since it is hard to inquire from each by speaking to someone on the phone, the subscriber can use the computer to compare the rates to see if the existing plan is still the best among the rest.
4. Some carriers announce special rates on certain months for new subscribers. It wouldn’t hurt to call the company to ask. Tie-ups between phone and credit card companies happen often. The customer can earn points, discounts or prizes if payment is made using this method.
5. The person should always ask if there are other charges that will come out in the bill. This will avoid any problems later on when the bill is sent to the home.
6. The charges are different for local and long distance calls. If the rates are too expensive, perhaps getting one that honors prepaid cards can save the person money in the long term.
The individual may have been a loyal customer for a number of years. If the plan given isn’t as good as it used to, perhaps it is time to switch to another phone service to able to save money in the future.