However, it is still imperative to save as much as you can while having your vacation. Especially, while you are on vacation, more often than not, the budget is tough thing to keep.
Here are the ways on how you can save on your vacations:
· Save on Air fares – Make arrangements and book your flights ahead of time. Airlines normally have promos if you purchase your tickets in advance. Also, Airline tickets sell evening flights a little cheaper than those of the day flights.
If you are purchasing your Airline tickets from the travel agencies in your area, make sure to scout for the best deal of the ticket prices. When buying tickets for your family or for four or more passengers, there will be special discounts, be sure to ask for these opportunities to save.
· If possible, plan your vacation during the off-peak seasons. The travel agency has its peak and off-peak seasons. Make sure to research these dates. Every destination has its own determination of peaks seasons. Air fares and hotel accommodation are much cheaper during the lean seasons.
· Make sure to bring packaged snacks that are purchased at supermarkets. Eating and dining out in restaurants can be really expensive especially if you are traveling in groups.
· For road / land trips, as much as possible, bring your own car for your tour. Car rentals can be really expensive and unnecessary. Don't forget an auto-check up from your favorite and trusted mechanic before leaving for vacation.
Don't forget to fill your gas tank. This will allow you to shop for cheap gasoline stations and avoid unplanned stops along the way.
· Don't pay for your vacation in credit unless you are very certain that you can pay on time. Interests on such credit can be a burden especially after having fun on your vacation.
· Don't forget to turn off the possible on going expenses while you away on vacation. Discontinue your newspaper deliveries. Temporarily cancel your internet service when on vacation for more than a month. Turn off your gas and electric heater when you are away from home.
· Planning in advance can help you save with your budget. Prepare proper clothes to bring for the destination. Buying emergency clothes for cold climate can be really costly and should be avoided since you can pack all these from home. In this way, you can spend your vacation money on other important things.
· Always keep your receipts and track your records for all the expenses during the vacation. These can help for future vacations and can also be deductibles for taxes if you are on business trips.
· Plan for your Accommodation – considering homes of relatives or close friends can help you save on your vacation. You can also choose paid accommodations with cooking facilities. This can help you save money from eating out at restaurants. Take advantage of special offers from hotels or motels offering “family” rates.
· Be sure to take advantage of free tourist attractions such as parks, museums, free gardens and monuments.
· Consider an adventure trip or “camping” vacation. This is really cheap and fun. Some national parks and forest camp grounds can only charge you minimal fee for your stay, and some even let you rent your tents. The idea of marshmallow with hotdogs on your bonfire can be really exiting.
· Don't forget to budget your money for your souvenir allowance. Don't buy unnecessary souvenir items that can only be sold at your garage sale the following year. Buy something useful.
· Be sure to have portable irons when traveling. Press jobs at the hotels are really expensive.
· Don't forget to bring your first aid kit that should contain, medicines, alcohol, and stuffs that can heal minor bruises and cuts.
· Leave and entrust your pets to your friends or families instead of bringing them along.